Thank you for signing up!
5 Yoga Poses to help your child sleep
1. Greet the Moon-Reach your arms up to the sky as you breath in. As you breath out, fold forward and touch the ground. Bend your knees if you need to. Breath here for a 4 count inhale/exhale. Repeat these two movements 3-5 times.
2. Pretzel Forward Fold Pose- Sit criss-cross and walk your hands on the ground in front of you. Let you head hang heavy. Breath here for 3-5 breaths. Whisper to yourself, "I am calm".
3. Knees to Chest Pose-Lie on your back and bring your knees up to your chest. Hug your knees and bring your forehead up to your knees. Give your knees a kiss and say "Thank you body for today." Squeeze hard then release any tension letting your body completely relax to the ground. Making funny faces may help. :-)
4. Spine Twist Pose- Lay on your back. Put your arms out to your sides like an airplane and place your hands on the floor. Bend your knees when you breath in. Bring your bent knees to one side as you blow out "SSSHHHHHHHH" . Repeat on the other side.
5. Body Squeeze- Finally lay your body down on your back and squeeze your entire body; your toes, your legs, your belly, your hands, and your face! Hold your body squeeze for 3 seconds then let your whole body relax and make a loud "aaaahhhhh" sound. Repeat this 1-3 times.
Namaste sleepy yogis!
Yaya Yoga ca