Eye pillows encourage the eyes to stay closed during relaxation and before sleep. The scent of the lavender and pressure over the eyes will gets kids snoozing and/or relaxing in no time!
You will need:
1 Clean Sock
Bag of Rice
Doterra Lavender Essential Oil
Funnel or piece of paper
1. Measure out Rice and Lavender Flowers
Measure out 1-2 cups of rice and 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup of lavender flowers. You can find dried lavender bud flowers on Amazon.
2. Mix Rice, Lavender, and add Lavender Essential Oil
3. Pour the mixture into the sock
This takes 2 people! Have your child hold the opening of the sock. Place the funnel or rolled piece of paper into the opening of the sock. Slowly and gently pour the mixture into the funnel. Some may spill on the floor if you pour too fast! (My husband helped me with this one.) :-)
4. Tie a knot tightly or sew the end of the sock to close the opening and cut off any excess sock
5. You're done! Time to rest your eyes!
Have your child use the eye pillow before bed or before a resting period such as a nap, Savasana, or deep relaxation to help keep their eyes closed. Breath in the sweet, calming smell of lavender to get into a deep relaxed state. Enjoy and have fun making this with your child!
Share how it went with comments and pictures in the comments section below!